While Dr. Simpson does more LAP-BANDS and Plications than any other surgeon in Arizona, we think there are a number of questions that can be asked. These are a few questions some of our patients ask—if we do not answer them, or others, please be sure to ask.
- Why have you chosen the band and the plication as the weight loss procedures of choice?
- Can my surgery be performed using minimally invasive procedures?
- Can I be considered a candidate for surgery in my current health condition?
- What are the risks involved?
- How long will the procedure take?
- What physical limitations and discomfort should I expect after the surgery?
- What determines if I spend the night or go home the day of surgery?
- How long will it be before I can return to my normal activities?
- Do I need to be on a pre-operative diet?
- Will I need to change any habits permanently after the surgery (i.e., eating habits)?
- Can I come to your Weight Loss Fest to meet patients who have had the surgery?
We think that lifestyle change is the most important factor of success in our patients. We teach it, preach it, and live it. Eating fresh, healthy foods is a great way to do this. We have Weight Loss Fest- see our video archieves for more information